There are more than six million car accidents in the United States in 2004, which resulted in more than 43 million deaths and more than two million injuries. While people who foster the type of vehicle-driven driving don't expect to be involved in an accident, most people get involved in at least once during their lifetime.
If you are injured in an accident that was not your fault, you can claim compensation for damages from the responsible party. You can contact the aggressive and compassionate legal representation of a Car Accident Attorneys.
When you were involved in the accident it was not your fault, it is an important act quickly to protect your rights. Here is a list to follow after the injury:
- Call the police and file a report when they arrive on the scene.
- Gather important information at the scene if you can, such as the other driver's insurance and contact information. You can also take pictures of the damage to all the vehicles involved.
- Get medical attention immediately.
- Obtain damage estimates for your vehicle.
- Contact an auto injury attorney before providing information that leads to the insurance company.
The information you collect from your car accident may not be enough to prove that the other driver is at fault. When you hire an experienced auto injury attorney to investigate your case, they will find out who was unable to point when turning, who is not obeying traffic signs and signals, who is driving over posted speed limits, who is.
They drive under the influence of alcohol, which overlooked weather conditions, and more. Your attorney will focus on investigating all aspects that may have contributed to the accident to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.